To receive notifications from Meet and Chat, your browser settings must allow notifications.
Allow Meet and Chat notifications in Chrome
By default, Chrome alerts you whenever a website, app, or extension wants to send you notifications. You can change this setting at any time.
If you’re browsing in Incognito mode, you won’t get notifications.
Update notification settings in Chrome
If you turned off notifications for Meet and Chat, you can turn them back on.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Select the Meet or Chat entry and click More Allow. For example:
See also Change site permissions.
Allow Meet and Chat notifications in other browsers
If you’re using a product that supports additional web browsers, such as Chat, you must turn on notifications for that product in your browser. Each browser requires different steps for turning on notifications; see the online help for your browser for more information.