Difference Between Web Design and Web Development:
Web Design is much like modern-day graphic design wherein a trained web designer will create visual designs for a website.
A web designer must possess the skills in the following area, in order to be successful in creating web designs for clients:
- creative concepts
- colour theory
- icon development
- interactivity, i.e., rollovers, drop-down menus, digital slideshows, call-to-action-buttons, and forms
There are 2 types of web designs that a web designer must be familiar with:
- User Experience Design is where the process of development and improvement of the website’s quality interaction between a user and everything that is about the website owner’s brand.
- User Experience Design is the one responsible for being hands-on with many processes, but more specifically on research, testing, development, content, and prototyping to test for quality results. (Difference Between Web Design and Web Development)
- User Experience Design is theoretically a non-digital (cognitive science) practice but is used and defined predominantly by digital industries. (Difference Between Web Design and Web Development)
UI Design stands for “User Interface” Design, which originated from the software world in which the User Interface of a product IS the actual product. This type of web design has the following coverage:
- User Interface Design is the one responsible for the transfer of a website’s strengths and visual assets into a product’s interface so that it will make the website user’s experience better.
- User Interface Design is a system of methods that include guiding the website user through a website’s interface through interactive elements, including all sizes and platforms. (Difference Between Web Design and Web Development)
- User Interface Design is basically a digital field. This includes the responsibility of web developers when it comes to coding.