Select a participant from the filmstrip to mute, pin, or remove the person.
Note: For education accounts, only the meeting creator, calendar event owner, or person who sets up a meeting on an in-room hardware device can mute or remove video meeting participants. Learn how to set up Meet for distance learning.
Pin a participant
Click Pin in a participant’s thumbnail image to pin them to the top of the list.
Remove a participant
A participant from the domain that organized the video meeting can remove another participant, if necessary.
In a video meeting, click the Back arrow , hover over the person, and click Remove .
Mute a participant’s microphone
If you’re experiencing feedback or background noise during a video meeting, you might want to mute other people’s microphones.
To mute other people, next to the person’s thumbnail, hover over their volume icon and click Mute .
- For privacy reasons, you cannot unmute another person. Ask the participant to unmute their audio.
- To mute or unmute yourself, at the bottom of the video window click Mute .
- Phone participants can press *6 to unmute their phone.
- Any participant can be muted, including people who dial-in using a phone.
- Phone participants always press *6 to mute or unmute their phone
- If someone else mutes you, you can only unmute using *6 (this is different than the mute icon on the screen).